11.09.2007

I LOVE YOU PHILLY, BUT

Today, Mr. Wiggington, one of the "higher-ups," got engaged and decided the whole Chamber should go to Barclay Prime, this restaurant half a mile down the street. Most of us went just to get out of the office, and only half of us ate anything substantial because of the cost. Anyway, Mr. Wiggington (the fiancé) and all his friends got these $100 dollar Kobe cheese steaks and all my other co-workers were SO AMAZED. It's just a regular cheese steak!, except they use Kobe beef, which is actually pretty cool. But this is in addition to weird cheese and other unnecessary ingredients like truffles and goose livers (gross & grossest).


Not worth $100.


Here's my beef with the thing: A.) It's stupid, B.) It sounds nasty, and C.) It's expensiveness is fraudulent. Most of the expense is for the bottle of champagne it's served with. What if McDonald's started selling $100 dollar Big Mac burgers served with ketchup made of gold? Whatever. Congratulations to Mr. Wiggington, and I hope he got his wife a really big ring or else she's going to be pissed that he loves sandwiches the most.


Not made with gold.


What else is happening in Greater Philly tonight...

Well, my friend Travis
is taking this psychology class which he's been trying to "use" on me. Travis is the one whose dad bought him a club. I think the only thing he's learned about so far is the Oedipus complex, and I think he learned that from Wikipedia. I would have made a good rebuttal but I lost all my words when he tried saying that my misery stemmed from how similar my ex-girlfriend and my mom were.

Gross. And wrong.

The only thing my mother and ex-girlfiend have in common are their gold ankh medallions.