11.15.2007

I MIGHT AS WELL ADMIT IT

Love is a jolt. Thankfully it's not lightning because then it would only strike once and when you see it you have to count until you hear it and then divide that by five. Some other tips I know are that when you lose your car keys, you should re-trace your steps. This is so true. Over the course of this week, I have been betting that I can re-find love by following my ex-girlfriend's steps. She likes Mummers Museum (boring), both Starbucks on Baltimore Pike, and shopping for groceries every other Tuesday of the month. The only one of these I've really incorporated into my routine is getting coffee at Starbucks in the mornings before work. It's not one of the ones on Baltimore Pike, but close.




Guess what? I think I have found love again. I didn't find my keys but maybe I found somebody else's that will fit my lock. Who knows! Love is a great and many-splendored thing. Love is a barista named Julie and Julie is sehr gut meine freund! That means she is "very good and funny." Julie says something witty to me every morning. It's like, I don't even need to buy a paper anymore because Julie is Dilbert meets Cathy and is a babe. This morning I felt extra out of it so I asked for a double shot. How did she respond? "Okay. Come closer so I can HIT you!"

Man.

When she said that, I'll admit it: I felt warm.