4.28.2008

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES

Lil' Mama, 50 Cent, and The All-American Rejects were played add nauseous at this lame house party I went to. My friends dragged me with them to Jeff's house in Philly's version of "The Hills." Guess what Lil' Mama, 50 Cent, and The All-American rejects have in common? I hate them all. People seriously don't listen to good music anymore. I really wanted to put my iPod on "Party Shuffle" and plug it in to the stereo system so I could show them what's good. Whatever happened to the days when people weren't trying to pretend to be something else? None of these kids were black, ghetto, or had any reasons to be sad. The only person who had any real problems was this guy Mike who was mildly mentally handicapped. And you know what? He was the coolest guy there.


It's tricky


He was really nice and I could have a coherent conversation without a lot of slang or posturing. Most importantly, he wasn't trying to be ironic. I hate hipsters. You might say I kind of am like a hipster because I like stuff like 'Juno' but hey I just like what I like. I don't care. Anyway I was telling Mike (who probably is only just a little mentally handicapped) about my job at the Chamber and how I like to go to my friend's warehouse club on the weekends and he was showing me some dance moves. Some girls kind of laughed or smiled but I know they had to have been genuinely smiling when Run DMC's 'It's Tricky' came on. Me and Mike looked at each other and we both went "aaaaaww yeah!" at the same time. Now THAT'S a good rap song. Something stupid came on after that but while it played, the party was pretty fun.