8.23.2007

BLACK KIDS (WHAT A DAY)

Going to the Wal-Mart Super Shopping Center on 1000 Easton was one of the most foolhardy decisions I made last week. This was ignorant because student move-in was happening and they were all shopping. Well, firstly I got a cart from a greeter and went to the frozen foods section for some pizzas and burritos (cheesy). For some reason, I was very sleepy and "out of it."

There were two guys at the end of the aisle I was leaving and I ducked my head down some when I had to pass between them. They looked like freshman, but the big kind with hats and one of them seemed to say "what's up."


I walked the next aisle pretty fast because it's just Lean Cuisines and junk but then those two guys were now at the end of THIS aisle. So I had to pass by again, hunkered down some, but I guess since I'm so tall that when I slouch it looks like I'm just trying to get closer to people, but I'm not.

And so the one guy says "what's up, Logan." (I'm not Logan?)
The guy's buddy asked him what he was doing and the guy says "I'm saying what's up to Logan." I ended up passing all the aisles straight to the cottage cheeses and then checked out. So that was really weird and I was walking home thinking about what Logan's look like and that was the second worst thing to happen while getting groceries.


What Google Image Search says "Logan" looks like.


The first place worst thing that happened to me while getting groceries was this: I was about two blocks away from my apartment and these middle school black kids were playing b-ball near a dumpster. They noticed me and started walking over to me and they all had these cardboard tubes they were carrying.

I tried to speed up a little but that seemed to get them more excited and before I knew it they were beating on my head and my body with their tubes and my hands were full with grocery bags and I couldn't defend myself so I had to run all the way home and I felt like a turd. It sucked really bad. I don't know what was up with those kids. Maybe they thought I was that Logan guy or something.